House painting is an easy job when you have the right tools and know what you’re doing. Otherwise the work isn’t worth the effort. This is especially true when it comes to painting. Many homeowners end up with a professional painting job after months of frustration trying to do the task themselves. When it comes to preparing for a paint job, there are things homeowners should know before they start. This guide will show you everything from the basics, such as understanding paints, to more complex topics like choosing paints with special features and cleaning your brushes between coats. We also discuss whether you should do it yourself or hire professional help.
The Pros And Cons Of House Painting: Do It Yourself Vs. Hiring Professionals
At some point in time, everyone comes to the decision of whether they want to paint their house on their own or hire professional painters. In this section, you will learn about how important it is to do your homework by getting quotes before you even decide what color you want. It is also easier and more cost-effective to hire a professional if you are unable to get your hands dirty. Here are the factors you need to consider before taking the plunge into painting your home yourself.
The Size of your home
When painting your home, it is important to remember the size of the space you are working in. If you have a large home with a lot of exterior walls and ceilings, it might be necessary to hire a professional painter. But if your home is smaller or has less exterior walls, you might be able to do the job yourself with some proper preparation and planning. Here are some tips to keep in mind when painting your home:
- First, measure the width and length of each room in your house, as well as the exterior walls. This will help you determine how much paint and supplies you will need.
- Second, make a plan of how you want the room to look. Do you want all the walls painted the same color? Do you want specific colors on specific walls? Once you have a general idea of what you want, start sketching out how you would like the room to look. Remember to include any windows or doors that will be included in the painting process.
- Third, choose which type of paint to use. There are two main types of paint: latex and oil. Latex paint is easier to work with because it dries quickly but is not as durable as oil paint
The scale of work
Painting houses is a big business. In fact, according to the National Painting and Wallpaper Association (NPWA), the industry employed more than 1.5 million people in 2016. That’s a lot of people working on houses! So, if you’re thinking of painting your own home, it’s important to be aware of the scale of work involved.
When you call a professional painter to paint your house, they will likely arrive with a crew of assistants. They’ll start by taking measurements and plotting out the painting plan on the ground. From there, they’ll begin preparations by cleaning and prepping the surfaces. Once the preparations are complete, the crew will start painting. This can involve using a variety of paint types and formulas. They’ll also need to use large brushes and buckets to cover large areas quickly. As you can imagine, this can be a lot of work!
If the exterior is large and needs a thorough repair and repaint, it can take a lot of energy and also support equipment. You would require scaffolding, large stairs, safety equipment and specialized boom extended rollers, brushes and sprayers etc. So think it through, if you already have what it takes, you can save a lot of money here.
The need for repair
A major factor is how much repair does your old paint need. Sometimes you will need a lot of peeling, scrubbing and removing old paint. If you need a lot of repair on windows, doors, railing and other parts of your house, it is going to be a lot of work. Consider this before making a decision.
So DIY is always an exciting and money saving endeavor when it comes to painting your home, if unsuccessful you can end up wasting your time and some very costly consumables and hardware. So if you are not sure about painting your home yourself, hire a professional. It may be the best thing to do in that case.
House Painting: Do It Yourself Options If You Don’t Want To Pay The Price
The cost of home painting is hardly a secret, but some people might not want to spend the money. That’s why there are plenty of other options for them such as DIY paint. For those who prefer to paint their own houses, they need to know what they’re in for if they choose this option.
What is House Painting?
House painting is the process of coating or painting the interior walls and ceilings of a structure, most commonly a home. This is typically done to change the appearance of a room, to make it look neater or more appealing, or to cover up problems with the original paint job.
DIY Options for Home Owners
If you are not interested in shelling out the big bucks for a professional painter, there are many DIY options available to you. You can hire a painter through a home improvement or construction company, or do it yourself with some basic supplies and some helpful tips.
Some of the basics you’ll need include good quality paint, a roller, a brush, and some tape. If you’re painting a large room, you’ll also need scaffolding or ladders. Follow these simple steps to get started:
1. Choose your color scheme. The first step is to decide on your color palette. You can use primary colors or mix different hues together to create more complicated shades. Once you have your basic colors chosen, start mixing them together until you find a palette that works for you.
2. Prepare your walls. Before painting, be sure to clean all of the walls and any areas that will be visible after the paint is applied. This includes any hardware, trimwork, or light fixtures. Gently dry the surfaces before starting your project by using a hair dryer on low heat if necessary.
3. Paint the trimwork and baseboards first. (but after you’ve finished painting the room’s walls and ceiling) These areas are usually the most difficult to paint and the most noticeable. Be careful not to paint over any hardware, as you don’t want your newly painted area to appear unfinished.
4. Begin by painting the walls in the room. Since you’ve prepped these areas for painting, they will be easy to paint with a simple roller or brush. If your walls are particularly difficult, use a sponge roller instead, which is much more forgiving and easier to control than a traditional roller brush.
There are a few different types of paints you can use for house painting, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Paint with a primer:
This is the most basic type of paint, and it’s usually used on walls that don’t get a lot of exposure to the elements. Primers are made up of two parts: a thickening agent and a paint base. They’re applied before the paint and act as a sealant to keep the paint from cracking or peeling. Primers can be expensive, but they’re also the most versatile type of paint because they can be used on a variety of surfaces.
Paint with a topcoat:
Topcoats are similar to primers in that they contain both a thickening agent and a paint base. The main difference is that they also have a clear finish so you can see where the paint has been applied. Topcoats are more expensive than primers, but they offer better protection against weathering and fading.
Paint with interior latex:
This type of paint is designed for use on interior walls. It’s less sensitive to moisture than other types of paints, which means it can be used in areas that receive heavy rain or snow. They can withstand a lot of weathering and are best used on exterior surfaces.
Oil based paints:
Natural or synthetic oil based paints are exfcellent for moldings and trims, they can also be called enamel paints and come in matte or glossy finish. Some paints come with exotic finishes like sparkles or stone textures.
Picking A Paint Color
The tools for picking a color are available on every paint company website or app today. But it is a tough job to create a theme. If you already like what color your house is, just choose the same colors and it will save you money as less paint will be used due to same color basecoat.
You can pick your own paint color, but you’ll need to be prepared for a little extra work. First, make a rough sketch of the room to be painted on paper. Second, find some colors that will harmonize with your existing decor and choose a hue or two. Finally, mix the colors together on your palette and apply them to the wall using a brush or roller.
Steps involved in DIY home paint project:
- Plan your project
- Erect scaffolding to target area if painting exteriors
- Repair any cracks and do any rebuilds
- Remove and scrub old peeling paint
- Remove any paint prone to near future peeling
- Sheck for rotten wood, termites etc, treat wood with termite resistant chemicals
- Sand and rub off loose particles
- Seal of windows, doors and fixtures like lamps etc
- Apply primer coat
- Caulk and repair again if you missed anything
- Apply first coat
- Apply second coat when first coat dries
- Remove masking when done
- Paint wood and other paintable surfaces like trims.
- Cleanup any spots or spillages
- Move to next area
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t want to spend a lot of money on house painting. But that doesn’t mean you have to do it yourself. In fact, there are many ways to get your home painted without spending a fortune. You can go with an inexpensive paint job or DIY your entire project, depending on your preferences and budget. So whatever route you decide to take, make sure you pick the right supplies and take all of the necessary precautions so that the job comes out looking great.
Home painting professionals, hiring someone!
Hire a house painter to help with your home improvement project and save time, money, and effort. Hiring a house painter can be an intimidating task – there are so many things to consider before you decide on the best one for you. But if you do the research beforehand and put together a list of pros and cons, the process will go much smoother. And once you have your list ready, it takes more than a few clicks on Google to find the expert for your home!
Why You Should Hire A House Painter Expert
If you’re looking to have your home painted, you should consider hiring a professional house painter. Here are some reasons why:
- House painting is a complex and time-consuming task. A professional painter will be able to complete the job quickly and efficiently.
- Professional painters use the latest painting techniques and equipment. They will be able to achieve the best results possible with their paint jobs.
- You won’t have to worry about any messes or damage after a house painting job is done. Professional painters use special cleaning supplies and procedures that will leave your home clean and fresh-looking.
- Professional painters will work safely around your home and protect it from damage, while training you on the best ways to maintain your home.
- House painting can be done indoors or outdoors, depending on your preference and type of project. Keep in mind that exterior projects require a wall painting contractor, but interior projects can be tackled by a handyman or family member who enjoys DIY projects.
5 Ways To Identify A Professional Painting Company
Hiring a house painter is a very important decision. Not only will they help to transform your home into the perfect place to call home, but they will also help to protect your investment. Here are five reasons why you should always hire a professional painting company:
1. A House Painter Expert Is Experienced
A professional painting company is composed of experienced painters. They have been through the ups and downs of the industry, and this means that they understand how to paint surfaces correctly and efficiently.
2. A House Painter Expert Can Help To Protect Your Home
If you hire a professional painting company, they will be able to protect your home from any damages that may occur. They have the equipment and knowledge necessary to do so, and they will use it if necessary.
3. A House Painter Expert Will Make Your Home Look Like New Again
A professional painting company can help to restore your home to its former glory. They know exactly what it takes to make your home look beautiful again, and they will do everything within their power to achieve this goal.
4. A House Painter Expert Is Licensed And Insured
Every professional painting company is licensed and insured. This ensures that you are getting quality work
5 Reasons For Hiring An Expert in Home Paint
- Help with your home appraisal value
- A House Painter Expert Can Save You Time and Money
- Will Help You To Protect Your Home
- Will Make Your Home Look Its Best
- A House Painter Expert Is Licensed and Insured
How To Hire An Expert Home Painting Company
Here are some things to look for in a painting company why:
- Experience and expertise: A painting company with years of experience will be better equipped to handle the job than someone who has just started painting. They will know how to deal with paint fumes and other hazards, and they will have a better understanding of what colors look best on your walls. So check their presentation and as around for their work
Quality of work: A professional painting company will always put the safety of their customers first. They will use high-quality paints and materials, which will result in a quality finish that looks great. Check their earlier work to see what the result was
affordability: Hiring a professional painting company won’t break the bank. In fact, many of them offer affordable rates that even the most budget-conscious homeowner can afford. Check their terms and their quotation, look for any inconsistencies.
You can find valid home painting professionals through:
- Friends, families and neighbor advice
- local listings in yellow pages or directories
- online directories and adverts
- google and yahoo or apple maps
- local store owners, like paint stores and home stores
Do ask us if you have any specific questions and we pray your house is the best and your paintjob gets done above your expectations! Cheers!